Candidates’ personal data protection notice
BNP PARIBAS PERSONAL FINANCE and the companies of its group are taking the protection of your personal data very seriously and undertake to comply with the provisions of the relevant personal data protection regulations. You can read our Personal Data Privacy Charter available at group.bnpparibas.
Please be advised that when you visit our website, cookies may be deposited. You will find more information in our cookies policy.
1. What personal data do we collect?
To manage your application and your recruitment, we, BNP PARIBAS PERSONAL FINANCE, acting as data controller, need to collect the following information:
- Name and surname;
- Date and place of birth;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Education level;
- Degrees or diplomas obtained;
- Training followed;
- Language skills;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Professional experience;
- Cover letter;
- Current activity;
- Location desired.
And if necessary:
- Answers to pre-selection questionnaires or online tests;
- Data needed to set up your contract (identification data, additional administrative data);
- Data related to video interviews.
Mandatory questions are indicated, failure to answer them will not allow your application to be processed
2. Why is this data processed?
Your personal data is used in the context of your application, your recruitment, and in order to improve our HR services and processes, in particular by compiling statistics and reporting or proposing studies or satisfaction questionnaires.
Such processing are necessary to fulfill the legitimate interest of BNP PARIBAS PERSONAL FINANCE.
In addition, where appropriate, your personal data will be used to comply with various legal and regulatory obligations (concerning notably compliance, risk management and security).
3. Who processes your data?
In order to achieve the above objectives, your data can be processed by:
- Employees of BNP PARIBAS Group entities who participate in the recruitment process;
- Employees of a BNP PARIBAS Group entity to which you have not applied, in order to allow them to contact you if your profile corresponds to an available position;
- The service providers which perform services at our request (hosting, maintenance and technical support to our recruitment management information system).
And if necessary:
- External companies from which recruitment activity and associated services have been outsourced;
- The service providers in charge of the administration of our video interview platform and personality tests.
Your data may also be made available to financial or judicial authorities, state agencies or public bodies, upon request and to the extent permitted by law
4. What safeguards are in place for any transfers of your data outside the European Economic Area?
Your data is stored in our central database in the United Kingdom. This database is accessible to all BNP PARIBAS Group entities, some of which are located outside the European Economic Area.
In this context, the following guarantees have been taken:
- The following countries are considered by the European Commission to have an adequate level of protection of personal data: Argentina (Decision 2003/490/EC), Canada (Decision 2002/2/EC), Switzerland (Decision 2000/518/EC), Israel (Decision 2011/61/EU), New Zealand (Decision 2013/65/EU), Uruguay (Decision 2012/484/EU) and Japan (Decision 2019/419);
- For other countries: standard contractual clauses (SCCs) have been signed and transfers have been authorised by the CNIL (Decision DF-2017-758);
- In addition, the BNP PARIBAS Group has adopted binding corporate rules (BCRs), a global framework for non-EU transfers, ensuring an adequate level of protection for data transferred outside the European Union. These BCRs have been ratified by all entities of BNP PARIBAS Group, including BNP PARIBAS PERSONAL FINANCE, and are related to processing of its employees’ personal data
5. How long do we keep your personal data?
Your data will be kept for up to 5 years:
- During the first two years, to allow us offer you other job vacancies corresponding to your profile;
- During the next three years, your data will be kept to comply with the requirements of French Act No 2008-496 of 27 May 2008 (diverse adaptations of community law in the field of the fight against discriminations).
6. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
In accordance with applicable regulations, you have the following rights:
- to access: you can obtain information relating to the processing of your personal data, and a copy of such personal data.
- to rectify: where you consider that your personal data are inaccurate or incomplete, you can require that such personal data be modified accordingly.
- to erase: you can require the deletion of your personal data, to the extent permitted by law.
- to restrict: you can request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- to withdraw your consent: where you have given your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- to object: for the purposes set out above, you may object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for commercial prospecting, including profiling related to such prospecting.
- to organise the management of your data after your death.
In addition to the rights mentioned above, you may also lodge a complaint with the CNIL (Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés).
7. How can you contact us if you are a candidate?
If you wish to exercise the rights listed above or if you have any questions regarding the use of your personal data by BNP PARIBAS PERSONAL FINANCE, please email us at the following address: DRHACCESDONNEESPERSONNELLES@bnpparibas-pf.com (this address only receives requests from candid